Windows Update Causes Issues with Adobe Products
- Created: Wednesday, 13 June 2018 21:02
I use Photoshop Elements 2018 and after an automatic update to Windows 10, I got several error messages - In trying to use the "Save for Web" tab I got an error message saying "could not complete task" - The other error message indicates that the process could not be completed as there is not enough RAM - I understand that this is also an issue across a variety of Adobe products such as Photoshop, Acrobat, Illustrator, Lightroom, and Spark to name a few - Anyway, I found a fix - See instructions below
Press Win + R from your keyboard, type regedit into Run dialog box, and click OK button to open the Registry Editor.
You can also input regedit in Cortana Search box or Start menu to access it.
* Expand the HKEY_CURRENT_USER, navigate to the sub-folder:
> Photoshop Elements
* Under Photoshop folder,select the sub-folder with current version number.
* Go to its right side pane, right click on any empty area, select New… > DWORD (32-bit) Value, and rename it to OverridePhysicalMemoryMB.
* Double click on OverridePhysicalMemoryMB, check Hexadecimal box, set its Value data to 2400, and click OK button to save changes.
* Finally close the Registry Editor and open the Photoshop software to check if it is working. I have done this and it works on my HP Desktop running Windows 10.